I’m sure we all agree that juicing is healthy, refreshing, and super delicious. Fresh juice is quite easy to make if you have the right equipment, and it is full of essential nutrients that can be very beneficial to your health.
It’s no wonder then that there’s been a lot of chatter around juicing for years. Many celebrities swear by it, and there are hundreds of blogs dedicated to this trend. Hate it or love it, everybody’s talking about it.
But the problem is:
What information can you trust?
While most blogs claim that juicing can cure any disease, juice fasts are the perfect way to lose weight fast, and detox plans are the only way you can “flush out the toxins” from your body, how do you separate the facts from the hype?
When I was putting together this juicing guide, I had a really hard time finding reliable and science-backed information. While sipping on delicious juices all day long does sound fabulous, there’s no conclusive scientific evidence that juicing is any healthier than consuming whole foods or that we need to take extra measures to detoxify our bodies.
Now don’t get me wrong!
I do believe that the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients that you extract from fresh fruits and veggies play a very important role in our health. Heck, I’m a regular juicer myself! I just don’t believe that I need to starve myself or spend hundreds of dollars on expensive detox plans to get all the benefits.
So, to help you get all the facts, I decided to put together this HONEST guide to juicing for beginners. In it, you will find truly helpful information, rather than empty promises, about how to incorporate juicing into your lifestyle in a healthy way.
Introducing: The Definitive Beginners Guide To Juicing For Health
This guidebook is a curated collection of exceptional juicing related blog posts and articles for all of you who are looking for honest and reliable resources. I’ve personally read all the articles to ensure I include only the most relevant, no-nonsense, up-to-date information in this guide.
AND – I’ll keep adding resources periodically as more content gets published on the web!
FROM JUICING TIPS TO HEALTHY DIY DETOX RECIPES, THIS GUIDE HAS GOT YOU COVERED!
How to use this guide: Choose a topic that interests you, click on the chapter link, and you will jump straight to your desired chapter. Let’s get started!
- Chapter 1: Improve Your Health with Juicing: Boost Your Immune System, Fight Aging, and Much More
- Chapter 2: The Do’s and Don’ts of Juicing
- Chapter 3: How to Do a (Juice) Cleanse in a Healthy Way
- Chapter 4: Save Money with These DIY Detox Recipes
- Chapter 5: Incorporate Juicing into Your Weight Loss Plan the Healthiest Way
- Chapter 6: Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamins by Choosing the Right Fruits and Veggies to Juice
- Chapter 7: Juice up Your Health with These Delicious Recipes
- Chapter 8: How to Buy a Juicer That’s Right for YOU
Chapter 1: Improve Your Health With Juicing: Boost Your Immune System, Fight Aging, And Much More
Fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins, minerals, and a myriad of phytonutrients – all of which are easier to absorb from liquids. Considering this, it’s only natural you wonder: “Is juicing really good for you?”
While juices don’t cure any diseases, they can certainly boost your immune system, fight free radicals, and improve skin health. Here are some resources that show you how juicing can benefit you and improve your health.
- Juicing for Health: The Benefits of Juicing Lifestyle | Juicing Nation
- 6 Health Benefits of Juicing | Best Self Magazine
- What Are the Benefits of Juicing? | Nutrition for Life
- Veggie Wisdom: 7 Powerful Mental Benefits of Juicing | Health Ambition
Chapter 2: The Do’s and Don’ts of Juicing
Juicing is an excellent way to add more vitamins and minerals to your daily diet. However, if you’re just a beginner, you want to make sure you’re doing it right. The following resources give you tips on how to prepare for juicing, how to choose your produce, how to store the juice, and much more.
- Top 10 Juicing Tips | The Spruce
- The Beginner’s Guide to Making Juice | Food52
- Juicing Tips That Beginners Should Never Be Without… | The Juice Sage
- Juicing Is Healthy, but Easily Contaminated by Pathogens | Food Safety News
- Beginners Guide to Juicing | Live Simply Natural
Chapter 3: How To Do A (Juice) Cleanse In A Healthy Way
Juice cleanses and detoxes are meant to flush your body from harmful toxins, but the truth is – our body is quite efficient in handling this process on its own. While freshly pressed juice certainly contains many nutrients, it usually doesn’t provide ALL the nutrients necessary for detoxification. If you do decide you need to detox, learn how to do it in a healthy way with these resources.
- The Best Way to Juice (It’s Definitely Not a Cleanse!) | DrHardick.com
- This Is the Best Way to Detox Your Body | Health.com
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Detoxing | Marie Claire
- How to Detox the Healthy Way: 16 Recipes You’ll Love | Daily Burn
Chapter 4: Save Money with These DIY Detox Recipes
If you’re dead set on following a detox plan (not recommended – see Chapter 3!), you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on store-bought juice. Commercially produced juices are pasteurized and have a longer shelf life but they often come with way too much sugar. Follow these DIY detox recipes to provide your body with important nutrients without all the sugar – while saving big bucks.
- DIY Juice Cleanse Recipes | And Her Little Dog Too
- DIY BluePrint Cleanse | Les Petits Gazette
- 5 DIY Juice Cleanses to Jumpstart Your Diet | DIYs.com
- DIY Blueprint Cleanse – Homemade Juice & Smoothie Cleanse | Indulgent Eats
Chapter 5: Incorporate Juicing Into Your Weight Loss Plan The Healthiest Way
Do juice diets work? There’s no doubt – going on an all-juice diet for a couple of days means you’ll lose a few pounds. After all, you’re not consuming any fat and are drastically cutting your calories. The problem? It is not permanent weight loss! Juice fasts are just another form of crash diets that can harm your metabolism and hurt your weight loss goals in the long run. These great resources show you how to incorporate juicing into your weight loss plan the healthiest way.
- Juicing for Weight Loss: Get the Best Weight Loss Results with These Tips | Juicing Nation
- Can You Lose Weight Fast Using Juicing? | Gain Your Body
- Will Juicing Help Me to Lose Weight? | LiveStrong
- How Much Weight Will I Lose on a Juice Fast? | LiveStrong
Chapter 6: Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamins by Choosing the Right Fruits and Veggies to Juice
Knowing what to juice is just as important as knowing which juicer to buy. Not all veggies taste good when juiced, and not all fruits are suitable for making a healthy drink. Here are some great articles that help you pick the right vegetables to juice.
- The Specific Health Benefits of Eating The Rainbow | MindBodyGreen
- Juicing: Healthy Beginners Tips and Nutritious, Tasty Recipes | Slendertone
- 9 Best Vegetables for Juicing | BestJuicer.net
- How to Select and Store the Best Produce for Juicing | iFocusHealth
Chapter 7: Juice Up Your Health With These Delicious Recipes
It’s fun to come up with your own juicing recipes; after all – only you know what tastes good for you! That said, if you can’t be bothered with experimenting or if you’re tired of drinking the same stuff over and over again, try out these delicious juice recipes.
- 5 Delicious Juice Recipes | The Healthy Cuisine
- You Ask, I Deliver: My Top Ten Favorite Juice Recipes | The Full Helping
- 20 Healthy Juice Recipes That’ll Beat Any Juice Bar | Legion Athletics
- 10 Simple Homemade Juice Recipes for Beginners | Your Modern Family
- 10 Immunity-Boosting Juices to Drink When You’re Sick | Healthline
- Drinking Your Veggies | A Trio of Juice Recipes | Gourmande in the Kitchen
- List Of 25 Best Healthy Juice Recipes | Healthy Guide
Chapter 8: How to Buy a Juicer That’s Right for YOU
Choosing the right juicer may not be an easy task – there are different types of juicers available, and all of them come with their own characteristics when it comes to how the juicer works. For example, some juicers are better for leafy greens while others work best with hard fruits and veggies. What’s right for you depends on your needs! These super informative buying guides will help you pick the right product without too much hassle.
- Best Juicers on the Market (2019 Edition) | The Healthy Cuisine
- What are the Top Rated Juicers | Le Reviewist
- How to Choose the Best Juicer | KrisCarr.com
- Juicer Buying Guide – Juicers That Help You Drink Your Veggies | Consumer Reports
Wrapping It Up
These resources are just some that cover the topic of juicing honestly and without all the hype. Although not easy to find, there is some sensible information out there!
Know any similar resources? Leave me a comment below with the link, and I’ll add your resource to this guidebook!
How do you begin juicing?
To start juicing, first select a quality juicer. Next, choose fresh fruits and vegetables. Wash them thoroughly and cut them into pieces that fit into your juicer. Push the pieces through the juicer, collecting the juice in a container. Remember to drink your juice right away for the most health benefits!
What vegetables should not be juiced?
Do not juice vegetables like potatoes, yams, and eggplants as they contain harmful substances when raw. Additionally, avoid juicing very hard vegetables like broccoli stems or raw beets, as they can damage your juicer.
What should you not do while juicing?
While juicing, avoid using too many sweet fruits to prevent high sugar content in your juice. Also, don’t neglect to wash your produce thoroughly. Skipping this step can lead to consuming harmful pesticides. Remember not to delay drinking your fresh juice to maintain its nutritional value.
What is the 80 20 rule for juicing?
The 80 20 rule for juicing recommends using 80% vegetables and 20% fruits in your juices. This balance ensures you get ample nutrients without excessive sugar. It’s a great guideline to follow for healthy, nutritious juices.