Effective date – 01.11.2018
Last updated – 01.11.2018
2. What Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following data about you:
- Your name, email address, and your estimated location based on your IP address when you sign up for our newsletter.
- Your name, email address, and any other information that you directly provide to us when you contact us through the Contact page or send us an email.
- Your name, email address, and IP address when you leave a comment on one of our articles and any personal data you post on our website through your comments.
- Statistical data about how you use our website, how long you stay on the pages of our site, which pages you visit, the device you’re using to access our site, etc.
- Technical information such as your IP address and details about your browser.
- Your marketing and communication preferences.
3. How We Process Your Data
Your data may be used to:
- Send to you newsletter emails with our latest posts.
- Respond to your queries when you get in touch with us through our Contact page or email.
- Personalize visitor experience on our website.
- Monitor the use of our website through statistical analysis.
- Administer and protect our website.
- Deliver relevant content and advertisements to our visitors.
- Understand the effectiveness of our advertising through statistical analysis.
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority.
4. Legal Grounds for Processing Your Data
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we will periodically send you emails with our latest posts. The legal grounds for this is “legitimate interest” – you signed up personally to receive newsletter emails from us.
- When you contact us through the Contact page (or by email), we receive an email with your message, name, and email address. This information will be used to respond to your query. The legal grounds for processing this data is “legitimate interest” – you expect us to respond to you.
- When you leave a comment on one of our articles, you have the option of receiving email notifications when new comments or new articles are posted. This is managed through WordPress.com. The legal grounds for processing this data is “consent” – you give explicit consent by ticking a box to receive these notifications.
- When you browse our website, we track information about you such as which location you visit us from, which pages you visit, how long you stay on these pages, what type of device you’re using, your navigation path, etc. This information will be processed to administer and protect our website, to deliver relevant website content and relevant advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. The legal grounds for processing this information is “our legitimate interest,” which enables us to properly administer our website, to grow our business, and decide on our marketing strategy.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you.
5. How We Collect Your Personal Data
There are multiple ways we may collect your data:
- You may provide your personal information to us directly, either by signing up to our newsletter, contacting us through the Contact page, sending us an email, or leaving a comment on our website.
- We may receive data about you from third parties such as Google Analytics for historical research and advertising networks such as Facebook.
6. Sharing Your Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with anyone unless required to do so by law.
7. Data Transfers
We do not transfer your personal data to any third-parties.
8. Data Security
Although we do not store any of your personal information, we do have security measures in place to prevent your data from being accidentally disclosed or accessed without authorization. We only allow access to your personal data by employees who need to know such data due to business reasons. They will only process your data based on our instructions and must keep the data strictly confidential.
We will notify you and any applicable regulators if there is a data breach and we are legally required to do so.
9. Data Retention
Your personal information is only retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for, including any legal, analytical or reporting requirements.
10. Google Analytics
The data Google Analytics collects includes, but is not limited to:
- What country and city you visit our website from
- What device you use when visiting our website
- Which pages you visit
- How you reached those pages
- How long you stay on these pages
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking if you wish. Learn more about it here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your data is stored indefinitely, but you can ask us to remove it from Google Analytics any time. If you wish to do so, please get in touch with us through our Contact page.
Google Analytics data is completely anonymous and can’t personally identify you. The data is only used for analyzing statistics and historical records.
11. Google Adsense
Our website also uses Google Adsense, a Web advertising service of Google Inc. Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies, may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to TheHealthyCuisine.com and other sites that use Google advertising services.
Third parties may also be placing and reading cookies on our visitors’ browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on our website.
You can opt out of Google Ads Personalization using the Google Ads Settings: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en.
Learn more about Google ads: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
12. Amazon Associates Program
TheHealthyCuisine.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.co.uk.
As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
13. Third-Party Advertisers
Third parties and our advertising partners may also serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from visitors, and place or recognize cookies on visitors’ browsers.
Such tracking is done directly by the third parties through their own servers and TheHealthyCuisine.com has no access to or control over these cookies.
This type of data collection is subject to the Privacy Policies of these third party advertisers.
Our advertising partners:
You may opt-out of personalized ads at any time. Use this guide to learn how.
14. Our Newsletter
We offer our visitors the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter and receive occasional updates with our latest posts.
You may unsubscribe from our email list any time by contacting us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive.
15. Your Rights Under GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation)
Under the new Data Protection Regulation, you have many rights regarding your personal data and privacy. These rights include the right to request access to the data we hold about you, ask us to delete that data, ask us to stop collecting data, ask us not to transfer the data, object to processing this data, ask us to export that data, and withdraw consent where consent is given. Learn more about these rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to contact us about any of these rights above, please get in touch through the Contact page. We try to respond to all requests within 30 days.
If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you have the right to complain to EDPI, the Estonian supervisory authority for data protection issues (http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080).
18. Agreeing to Terms
Your continued use of TheHealthyCuisine.com following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Effective date – 01.11.2018
Last updated – 01.11.2018
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms. If we do, the changes will be listed under the “Last Updated” line. You should regularly review these Terms. Your continued use of TheHealthyCuisine.com after changes indicates your acceptance of those changes.
2. Use of Site
TheHealthyCuisine.com is for personal use only. You shall not modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, create derivative works from or transfer any of the Content without our express written permission. In the event of any such unauthorized use, we will be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
TheHealthyCuisine.com publishes Content such as recipes, nutrition and food-related articles, information about sustainable living, and others. This Content may include medical or health-related information with references to scientific resources. Although we try out best to ensure all facts are correct, we are not a source of medical advice and all Content is provided for informational and educational purposes only. Nothing discussed on this website should be considered complete or instructional for medical diagnosis or treatment or for preventing any illness or disease. The published recipes should not be considered as nutritional advice or recommendations for replacing meals. The reader should consult his or her medical or health professional before adopting any suggestion contained in, drawing any inference from, or taking any other action in reliance on any Content that addresses medical or health issues or information.
TheHealthyCuisine.com also provides opinions, reviews, and information regarding products manufactured by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and nothing contained on TheHealthyCuisine.com should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety, or reliability of any product discussed on the Site. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer when using any product reviewed or discussed on our Site.
Please be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions and comply with the advice of your medical or health professional when using any medical or health-related device or medication or undertaking any health-related activities or program. We are not responsible for any adverse consequences of any medical or health decision or the use of any medical or health-related product or service.
Although we use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content we prepare is accurate and informative, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in such Content, any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your reliance on such Content, or the use of any product or service reviewed or discussed in such Content.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of any Content. All of the Content and information provided via TheHealthyCuisine.com, including, without limitation, text, links, and graphics are provided “As is” and without warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the site.
We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
We do not represent or warrant that the functions contained on TheHealthyCuisine.com will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We do not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the content on the site in terms of their completeness, correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise.
5. Limitation of Liability
In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, even if we have been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence, or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, site, products, functionality, and materials available from TheHealthyCuisine.com.
6. Links to Other Websites
We work with various partners and affiliate programs and may, from time to time, link from TheHealthyCuisine.com to these third-party sites. TheHealthyCuisine.com does not have any control over the Content or performance of these third-party websites, and we make no guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of their Content, nor do we make any promises about the quality of the information provided by these sites. We assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content that may reside on those sites.
7. Intellectual Property
TheHealthyCuisine.com is our property. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
8. Contact Information
Effective date: 01.11.2018
Last updated: 24.01.2020
Updated the “What types of cookies do we use?” section to disclose the use of a geo-targeting session cookie by a plugin installed on our website.
1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that contain certain information and that are stored on your computer either permanently or temporarily. None of the information these cookies store can identify you personally. All they do is recognize your computer as it moves between different websites on the web and help web servers identify you and remember things about you.
2. What Kind of Information Do Cookies Collect?
Most cookies simply tell web servers whether you have already been on the site or not so they can offer you a more convenient browsing experience next time.
For example, if a website is available in multiple languages, cookies will remember which language you preferred and will display that website in that particular language the next time you visit. Or if you’re shopping on an online retail site, cookies save the items in your shopping cart so that you can return to them later.
Cookies are also used to analyze website traffic and for marketing and advertising purposes.
3. What Types of Cookies Are There?
* There are two different types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies, which are stored in your computer as a file and stay there even after you close the website. These types of cookies use the recorded information to analyze your behavior or offer you personalized content when you visit that website next time.
- Session cookies, which are only stored on your computer during the time you browse a website. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close the website. Session cookies don’t usually collect any personal data from your computer.
* Cookies can also be categorized as:
- Performance cookies, which allow us to analyze and improve the performance of our website. For example, performance cookies help us understand how people reach our website and which pages they visit most often. Performance cookies collect data that can be used for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Functionality cookies, which allow websites to remember your choices and offer enhanced features. For example, display a website in a foreign language. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are essential for you to move around a website and use its features. These cookies do not collect information that could be used for marketing purposes.
* Third-party cookies
- Sometimes we embed video content, photos or other content from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Youtube. These third-party sites may also place cookies in your browser through embedded content to collect information about you and serve content or advertisements. This type of data collection is subject to the Privacy Policies of these third party advertisers.
4. How Can You Control Cookies?
Please note that although you can block cookies, doing so might prevent you from accessing some parts of our site. You can find more information about cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
5. What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
TheHealthyCuisine.com uses the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies used by the content network Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic. The cookie expires in one year.
- Statistical cookies (Google Analytics) to understand how visitors use our website. Some of these cookies are valid for two years or until you delete them and others are session cookies, which will be deleted automatically when you close our website.
- Marketing cookies by Google Adwords that allow us to offer targeted ads, re-engage visitors, and understand our marketing efforts. These Google Analytics cookies are session cookies that will be deleted automatically when you close our website.
- A cookie through a geo-targeting plugin installed on our website. The plugin uses a free online service to analyze our visitors’ IP addresses to determine the country of origin. The plugin temporarily stores this data in a session cookie. The cookie and the visitors’ IP data will be deleted automatically when you close our website.